Havarti Dill Smoked Salmon Risotto: Makes 2 servings; 7 WW points per serving
- 5 1/4 oz milan-style risotto mix, with seasoning packet [Instead of risotto mix, I just use about a cup of risotto rice and cook it in low-sodium chicken broth instead of water, and add spices--lemon pepper, basil, oregano, a couple chili flakes, a bit of onion powder--and a splash of lemon juice to make it flavorful]
- 2 cups water [or chicken broth--see above]
- 2 tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 2 oz smoked salmon, diced
- 1 oz havarti cheese, about a 1/4 cup, grated
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp dill, or 2 small sprigs, for garnish
- In a saucepan combine rice and seasoning mix [or, in my case, all the stuff I mentioned in my parenthetical aside above] with water [or, like I said, chicken broth]. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in dill, salmon, pepper, and Havarti. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve in shallow bowls, garnished with dill sprigs.